Job no: 497536
Work type: Full time
Location: Kelso NSW
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an Electrical Tradesperson for a newly created position at our Kelso production facility. The successful applicant will be employed on a permanent basis, with an immediate start available.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment in a timely manner to allow the production plans to be achieved within the requirements of the engineering standards, whilst exceeding all daily key Process, Food Safety, Quality and Safety targets
The successful candidate will have sound experience as an electrical tradesperson including fault-finding, repairing, maintenance, and installation of manufacturing equipment and machinery.
This is predominantly a night shift role with the option to rotate. The starting hourly rate is $49.38 (inc allowances).
- Work as part of a team to support the factory
- Preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities
- Project work
- Problem solving and time management
- Work with robotic equipment
- Work with the CMMS system – e.g MEX
- Work with manufacturing technology including PLCs and SCADA
- Ability to work shift work (Day, Afternoon, Night).
- Electrical Trade Qualification
- Current Electrical Licence
- Electrical trade experience
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong CMMS skills – e.g MEX
- Knowledge of and ability to work with technology in manufacturing including PLCs and SCADA
- Experience with robotic equipment will be highly regarded
- Experience in a Food Manufacturing environment will be highly regarded
In return we provide many benefits which include above award pay conditions, an excellent safety culture and a company supplied and laundered uniform to highlight a few.
To be considered for one of these positions you are required to:
- Complete the online application and questionnaire;
- Upload a cover letter addressing the above criteria;
- Upload a current resume.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete a Pre-employment Medical which includes a drug and alcohol screen.
Applications close: 18 December 2019
If this sounds like you please apply now!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now