International Logistics Coordinator
Job no: 497497
Work type: Full time
- International Operations
- Close knit, supportive working environment
- Well established company based at our Head Office in Moorabbin
An excellent career opportunity exists to join the International Team of a dynamic food manufacturer with six manufacturing plants in Australia. The position would suit a self-motivated individual with a strong desire to contribute and participate in the exciting opportunities arising from a company experiencing continued growth.
Simplot Australia services consumers and customers across Australia, New Zealand and rapidly growing international markets. We are a multinational agriculture and food business which is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company. We are searching for a proven leader in import & export international freight. In this role, you will have complete accountability to deliver exceptional service across our international supply chain - in a fast paced and complicated shipping & logistics environment.
Reporting to the International Operations Manager, you will enjoy a hands on role and be a flexible, team player that is prepared to undertake a variety of general shipping administration responsibilities. Key to this role will be your ability to innovate and seek continuous improvement across all import and export processes.
Your key challenges include:
- Identify and resolve all import / export issues
- Coordinating and tracking the status of shipments including finished goods, engineering projects and spare parts, and raw materials.
- Coordinating, reviewing and ensuring the accurate and timely completion of import shipping documentation including: commercial invoices, packing declarations, bills of lading, quarantine permits etc.;
- Updating shipping information in our ERP system (JDE/SAP)
- Control and monitor all shipping costs
- Communicate with a variety of stakeholders including major customers, overseas suppliers, custom agents, freight forwarders and internal stakeholders
What you will do
- Identify cost savings and service level improvements
- Be innovative and develop continuous improvement initiatives to drive costs down
- Report on key financial metrics
- Tracking service delivery (container tracking, vessel arrival and records accuracy)
- Documentation and certification
What you will bring
- A strong background in international trade or logistics with other relevant qualifications together with previous experience in a similar role (at least 5 years);
- Ideally tertiary qualified, with a background within the FMCG or Food export industries will be viewed favourably;
- You will have strong relationship management skills and the ability to influence change and drive process improvement that will set you above the rest.
- Energetic, motivated, highly organised and have a high attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding written, personal and communication skills
- Exceptional computer literacy across MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- Work with a highly motivated and committed team
- Work for a successful Australian food manufacturer
- Large family owned business with many development opportunities
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now