Marketing Communications Manager
Job no: 497496
Work type: Full time
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate Marketing Communications Manager, to join the Simplot team in a dynamic role reporting to the Brand & Communications Marketing Manager. In this role, you will partner with the Simplot Marketing Community to ensure that Simplot delivers world-class integrated campaigns built upon consumer insights to achieve our financial commitments. The role is accountable for supporting and mentoring brand managers in the development of communication and media strategy ensuring that best in class communication methodologies and processes are followed. Key to this role is building strong agency relationships and the management of an Online Community Manager and Digital Media Manager.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Providing mentoring & support to Simplot Marketing Community on communication campaign development and media strategy as well as social media strategy development across Simplot brands
- Assist with the development & refining communication methodologies & processes, ensuring these are embedded across the organization
- Identify where communication programs are not delivering on brand plans & objectives & provide mentoring and support to Brand Managers
- Lead the community manager and ensure that moderation and management of Simplot brands online is best in class and aligns with agreed brand plans
- Support the development of customer marketing initiatives to drive customer centricity and category growth for Simplot brands
- Develop automated marketing programs for Food Service & Retail that align to agreed brand plans and demonstrate ROI effectiveness
- Be the central point of contact for crisis management situations monitoring social media and reporting as required to crisis management team
- Provide reporting and insights to relevant stakeholders to optimise digital marketing activities and demonstrate ROI effectiveness
- Assist with the development of internal training programs for the marketing community
- Staying abreast of local and international marketing trends and sharing this knowledge through internal collaboration forums
To be successful in this role you will be tertiary qualified in Business with a major in marketing / advertising (or equivalent) and have a minimum of 5 years' experience in leading and managing marketing communications either within an agency or in-house environment. You will be able to demonstrate strategic & conceptual knowledge of marketing, advertising and media. FMCG experience highly desirable.
With a strong focus on delivering positive outcomes, you will be able to capably manage multiple projects at any given time and build collaborative working relationships across the team, the business and with external suppliers.
Simplot Australia is leading provider of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Simplot Australia is part of the family owned JR. Simplot Company that has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now