Casual Forklift Operators
Job no: 497495
Work type: Casual
Categories: Production / Operations
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an opportunity for reliable and highly motivated individuals to perform casual production and forklift duties at our manufacturing facility in Devonport. You will have a demonstrated ability to work safely and effectively as part of a team whilst abiding by all company policies and procedures. You must be an INTERMEDIATE TO ADVANCED FORKLIFT OPERATOR TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
The casual hourly rate is $34.08 + shift allowances for afternoon shift 15% & night shift 30% + weekend penalty rates.
- You must be an intermediate to advanced Forklift Operator
- Possess a strong comitment to safety
- Be highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Be willing to work weekends
- Flexibility and availability to work various shifts (day, afternoon & night)
- A great team player with fantastic communication skills.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- A current forklift licence (experience operating a Hyster or Reach Truck would be highly desirable, but not essential)
- A current HR Drivers Licence would be favorable
In return we provide many benefits which include above award pay conditions, an excellent safety culture and a company supplied and laundered uniform to highlight a few.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for one of these positions commencing in November, you are required to:
- Complete the online application and questionnaire;
- Upload a current resume
- Upload your current Forklift Licence
Shortlisted applicants will be required to complete an online aptitude test and may be asked to participate in a Practical Forklift Skills Assessment. A Pre-employment Medical is essential which includes a drug and alcohol screen.
Applications close: Sunday 20th October
Advertised: Tasmania Daylight Time
Applications close: Tasmania Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now