We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Brand Manager to join our Shelf & Chilled Seafood & Sauces Category team based at our Mentone head office. Reporting into the Marketing Manager – Sauces, and working closely alongside the Senior Brand Manager, you will have the opportunity to support & drive the performance of our market leading portfolio of Italian Sauce brands, including Leggo’s, Raguletto and Five Brothers.
Key deliverables for the role include ensuring our targets for profitability, growth, innovation and brand equity are met, assisting the development of the annual strategic plans, and working closely with the cross functional teams to execute category projects, brand communications, and customer initiatives.
You will understand the demands of the grocery retail channel and display a high level of initiative, personal drive and motivation. Proven experience in working across multiple projects in a cross functional environment is a must, as are strong planning and organising skills. You will also have excellent communication skills.
As part of your role you will successfully,
- Manage new product & packaging innovation projects with the cross functional teams
- Analyse market data and conduct qualitative & quantitative research projects to identify new sales opportunities for the business
- Work with external agencies and the internal sales team to develop and execute in-store customer marketing initiatives
- Support the category management and sales team for key brand initiatives
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the communication plan – including ATL creative, media and digital
- Support the brand planning process
To be successful in this role you will have,
- A tertiary qualification in Business with a major in Marketing or equivalent
- Understanding of the current FMCG retail environment
- Market analysis experience
- Experience managing complex projects within cross functional teams
- Experience executing trade marketing initiatives
- Conceptual understanding of the creative process & media planning
- Conceptual understanding of research methodologies and the insight generation process
- Financial awareness & commercial acumen
The successful candidate will have experience at Assistant Brand Manager or Marketing Assistant/Graduate in FMCG or similar. You will be highly motivated, driven and looking for your next big step to build your successful career in FMCG Brand Management. This is a rare opportunity for an emerging marketing superstar to work across a high profile portfolio of well-known household brands within a leading Australian Food Manufacturer.
Simplot Australia is leading provider of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Simplot Australia is part of the family owned JR. Simplot Company that has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please apply online today!