Agricultural Field Officer
Job no: 497464
Work type: Full time
Location: Kelso NSW, Bathurst NSW
Categories: Agricultural Services
- Maintain close working relationships with our growers and our Agronomy team
- Support crop volume, quality and cost
- Based in Bathurst, regional NSW
Growing quality vegetables remain at the heart of our business and we work closely with Australian farmers in Tasmania, NSW, Victoria and Qld. We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced agricultural Field Officer to join our Agricultural Services business, based in Bathurst, regional NSW.
Our Bathurst site produces canned and frozen vegetables and is the largest processor of sweetcorn in Australia. Located two and a half hours drive from Sydney, the Bathurst region has something to offer everyone. Its combination of lifestyle choices, a strong and prosperous economy, a well-connected and friendly multicultural community and vibrant cultural life makes it an ideal location for anyone
What you will do
In this role you will you will report directly to the Agricultural Manager at Bathurst and manage contract grown corn in the district. Our Field Officers are primarily responsible for maintaining healthy relationships with our growers as the main point of contact with Simplot. Responsibilities include contracting vegetable suppliers to support overall crop volumes, managing planting and harvesting programs, technical advice, and contributing to productivity improvement strategies.
What you will bring
- Experienced with agronomy or agricultural field work.
- Energetic, motivated and highly organised
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- The ability to make well considered decisions
- Outstanding written, personal and communication skills
- Tertiary qualification in Agricultural Science or a related discipline.
- Work with a highly motivated and committed team
- Stunning Bathurst lifestyle and climate
- Balance working outdoors with office work
- Large family owned business with many development opportunities
- Salary package includes vehicle, laptop, tablet and phone
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now