Cost Accountant - Echuca
Job no: 497461
Work type: Full time
We have an exciting career opportunity for a savvy Cost Accountant to join our dynamic and growing business based at our food manufacturing facility in Echuca, Victoria. Reporting to the Plant Accountant, you will be responsible for administration support to the Plant Accountant through analysis and detailed workings of the operation and assist with product costing to ensure that financial and strategic objectives are achieved.
Set within the beautiful gum trees alongside Australia’s iconic Murray River, you’ll find Echuca. Although in close proximity to Melbourne, Echuca offers an entirely new world with a stunning climate, a friendly laidback atmosphere and no traffic congestion. Offering a surprising array of shops, restaurants and cafés, Echuca is also renowned for hosting annual events including The Winter Blues Festival in July and the Riverboats Music Festival in February. You can explore the old historic port or all of what the famous Murray River (the third longest navigable river on the planet, next to the Amazon and Nile!) has to offer, through a river cruise, renting a houseboat, fishing, canoeing or swimming. With fresh country air, local wildlife, and ample parking, Echuca offers you a riverside sanctuary like nowhere else.
- Assist in the preparation of factory operational budget/forecasts
- Assist in planning, evaluate and verify capital expenditure proposals
- Provide analysis and commentary/interpretation to reporting, including variances to forecast and budget
- Report daily and weekly site operational performance reports
- Complete product costing information, including New Product Innovation requirements
- Identify opportunities for profitability improvement and support key stakeholders to deliver to agreed financial targets in support of Simplot’s strategy
- Analyse, evaluate and report the commercial viability of various Capital and CI business proposals, including recommendations
- Provide analysis and validation of data through systems and interpret and link back results
- Participate in process improvement projects, act as project business lead on key projects as required
What will you bring?
We are seeking a team player who will work as part of the finance team and support the site alongside the Plant Accountant and other finance professionals. You will be a qualified Accounting professional with your CA/CPA accreditation or currently working towards this. You will have some experience in cost accounting/management accounting ideally within a manufacturing environment where you have gained sound Financial Management skills (balance sheet reconciliations, bill of materials, capital expenditure and product costings). You will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of financial information systems and have advanced use of Excel.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend