Commercial Manager - Reporting and Analysis
Job no: 497454
Work type: Full time
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Manager – Reporting & Analysis to join our dynamic and growing business. Reporting to the Head of Finance - Commercial, you will be responsible for leading a Centre of Excellence in Commercial Reporting and Analysis driven to facilitate a culture of decision support through the provision of timely and insightful information and analysis to the Category and Sales functions. The role will work closely with Commercial Finance teams across the planning and month end cycles as well as playing a key role in identifying and delivering continuous improvement opportunities.
- Act as the primary business partner to the Head of Commercial Finance in tracking, analysing and reporting the success of the initiatives deployed to deliver against the commercial strategy, while developing the optimal financial plan to ensure Commercial EBIT commitments are met.
- Build a centre of standardised reporting & analysis. Develop the capabilites and framework to deliver commercial insights on Category and Customer performance.
- Facilitate the communication of performance analysis and insights across the commercial team and more broadly with the other sub functions of finance.
- Track and report the success of the initiatives deployed to deliver against the commercial strategy
- Track and measure the financial performance against the business’ aligned commercial KPIs.
- Lead the financial month end close process across commercial.
- Coordination of the LRP , annual budgeting and monthly S&OP process.
- Assist the Category and Sales Business Partners in the capture of assumptions.
- Own process and relationship with other finance areas (Category, Sales , FP&A)
- Build tools and capabilities to simplify our planning and forecasting process.
- Lead the development of the commercial overheads and A&P budgeting and forecasting process.
What will you bring?
Tertiary qualifications together with significant experience at this level within a large FMCG company are a must. You will be a natural leader and will demonstrate your strong appreciation for building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. You will be a strategic thinker and have a savvy approach to executing strategic plans and influencing key decisions dedicated to your divisional channels. You will have come from a performance driven sales environment and have a clear understating of what best delivers results in an ever changing and challenging environment. Having an analytical mind and the ability to drive results you will understand the links to performance and future footprints and have the ability to drive continuous improvement and decision excellence across all facets of team culture, strategy development and execution, and sales budgeting and forecasting processes.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend