Commercial Finance Analyst
Job no: 497452
Work type: Full time
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join our dynamic reporting & analytical team. Reporting to the Commercial Reporting & Analysis Manager you will be responsible for supporting all financial activities to the Commercial Finance division in order to assist the achievement of divisional objectives and seek continuous improvement in this division.
- Ensure integrity of financial information and data for the Commercial Division
- Prepare, analyse and interpret Category and Customer Financial reports and commentaries
- Commercial division reporting and trend analysis for Sales and Commercial expenses
- Support the month end and year end process for the division including Profit & Loss review and reconciliation of balance sheet
- Provide accounting and analytical support to the Commercial Division for day-to-day operational tasks and projects.
- Actively support the Contribution Forecasting system and process in order to facilitate timely and reliable forecast input to the Sales & Operations planning process
- Preparation of monthly forecasts for Commercial P&L
- Utilise existing Accounting and Reporting Software (including Cognos & Axiom) to create forecasting and reports for the Commercial Division that support ongoing improvements and LEAN initiatives.
- Support the delivery of the Category annual budget and LRP including the accurate data capture and reporting & analysis for Category and Customer reviews.
- Promotional and rebate reporting in the Foodservice and Retail areas
- Play an active role in revenue management through delivery of models and analysis to assess the effectiveness of the price and promotional plan across the Category
What will you bring?
To be successful in this role you will need to be a Finance professional with tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Business, who holds a CPA qualification (or is studying towards CPA). You'll need at least 2 years work experience (ideally within a professional services environment) and have an ability to analyse data. You will bring sound financial management skills such as balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure and be willing to engage in analytics and modelling to add value. You should also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of financial information systems and databases, and have strong excel skills. Your proactive nature and strong work ethic will allow you to work well within a team environment, and your analysis and communication skills will be important.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now