Finance Analyst - Flemington
Job no: 497426
Work type: Full time
We are currently searching for a Finance Analyst to join our dynamic and growing business based at our chilled seafood production facility in Flemington, Victoria. Reporting to the Site Accountant, you will be responsible for providing finance support to the Site Accountant through analysis and detailed workings of the operation and assist with product costing to ensure that financial and strategic objectives are achieved.
- Assist in the preparation of factory operational budget/forecasts
- Assist in planning, evaluate and verify capital expenditure proposals
- Provide analysis and commentary/interpretation to reporting, including variances to forecast and budget
- Report daily and weekly site operational performance reports
- Complete product costing, including New Product Innovation requirements
- Identify opportunities for profitability improvement and support key stakeholders to deliver to agreed financial targets in support of Simplot’s strategy
- Analyse, evaluate and report the commercial viability of various Capital and CI business proposals, including recommendations
- Participate in process improvement projects, supporting the project business lead on key projects as required
What will you bring?
We are seeking a team player who will work as part of a committed team and really understand the true meaning of business partnering in this challenging and diverse role. You will be a qualified Accounting professional with your CA/CPA accreditation or currently working towards this. Ideally, however not essential, you will have previous experience in cost accounting/management accounting within a manufacturing environment where you have gained sound financial management skills (balance sheet reconciliations, bill of materials, capital expenditure and product costings). You will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of financial information systems and have advanced use of Excel.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend