National Business Manager - Woolworths New Zealand
Job no: 497410
Work type: Full time
About the Role:
Based in our Auckland office, we currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and commercially minded National Business Manager – Woolworths to join our New Zealand team. Reporting into the Country Manager – New Zealand, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing leadership, management and guidance to achieve targets for profitable growth and equity for Simplot NZ brands/products in Woolworths NZ. In addition, you will lead the development of Joint Business Plans across Woolworths NZ to drive profitable outcomes within agreed timeframes and objectives.
Your role will be to:
- Represent the company to build strong business partnerships with Woolworths Merchandise and Brand Teams.
- Lead a culture of proactive customer alignment by analysing, interpreting and presenting regular customer communications that provide ongoing insight and value to them.
- Deliver agreed annual plan of GSV, NSV and Contribution for the Woolworths business.
Your role will be varied and challenging and include;
- Lead the development of Woolworths Joint Business Plans that target optimal category performance for both Woolworths and Simplot.
- Ensure delivery of the agreed plan by successfully delivering optimal promotional, distribution and layout objectives as part of the Woolworths Category Review process.
- Collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders being especially mindful of the technology, systems and trading models that are valued by the customer.
- Facilitate the timely communication of Simplot brand and category plans to Woolworths and ensure that all key decision makers are clear and aligned to what the plans propose.
To be successful in this role you will have a breadth of experience, which will include but not be limited to:
- 5 +years National Account Management experience within retail sales
- Demonstrate an understanding of marketing and category management principles with time spent in category management an advantage.
- A clear understanding of promotional strategy and evaluation
- Conversant with the current New Zealand FMCG Retail environment and the implications thereof.
- Ability to understand and analyse detailed financial information and reports
You must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent attention to detail. The ability to foster highly effective stakeholder relationships and to comfortably communicate and challenge information in a matrix environment is pivotal to success in the role.
Simplot Australia and New Zealand is leading provider of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Simplot New Zealand is part of the family owned JR. Simplot Company that has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with local farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia and New Zealand’s major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia and New Zealand’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos and John West.
If this sounds like you, please apply online!
Advertised: New Zealand Standard Time
Applications close: New Zealand Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now