Accounts Payable Officer - 12 month contract
Job no: 497390
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Payable Officer to join our dynamic and growing business on a 12 month contract. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Team Leader, you will be a trusted partner in delivering accounts payable services, driving value & achieving outstanding customer service every day whilst adhering to company policies & procedures.
What will you be doing?
- Minimise invoice to accrual variance and ensure vendors are paid in accordance with agreed payment terms
- Processing of high volume vendor invoices including prompt vendors
- Clearing of AP queries and AP freight mailboxes
- Processing of payments for overseas and domestic vendors
- Reconciliation of Supplier accounts
- Investigation of variances to accruals and notifying Logistics Finance for corrective action
- Facilitating process improvements and providing ongoing support for business users
- Logged Voucher Clearing to pre-payment accounts
- Matching of reversed billed freight (Coles Collect, Primary Freight), TFEs and Duty
- Administrative Duties e.g. sorting & filing
- Adhoc duties
What will you bring?
You will have demonstrated experience in a similar accounts payable role and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Naturally you have a strong attention to detail focus and the ability to work in a collaborative team in a busy environment. As a strong problem solver, you have the ability to think on your feet to achieve favourable outcomes for all parties as well as having a systems savvy approach. Your continuous improvement mindset coupled with your ability to prioritise and work with competing demands are key strengths you own. Having the right attitude is key in this role, so if you thrive on working in a team environment, have a positive, committed and proactive approach to your work then we want to hear from you!
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- On-site parking
- Family friendly culture
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend