General Manager - Marketing
Job no: 497375
Work type: Full time
Due to an internal promotion, we have an exceptional opportunity for a Marketing leader to join Simplot as the General Manager – Marketing. Reporting to the Executive Director, Commercial, the General Manager - Marketing will lead the central marketing team across multiple categories where Simplot is the market leader in most instances. This is a business critical role that builds brands and enables the delivery of our business goals and strategies, creating a centre of excellence for insights (consumer, shopper and category), brand marketing strategy and execution (including communications and customer marketing).
This role covers all Simplot brands in retail and foodservice across Australia, NZ and Asia.
- You will bring extensive marketing experience ideally with an FMCG and/or retail background.
- You will be high energy, creative and strategic, bringing an inspirational ‘hands on’ leadership style with the passion to deliver through people, with experience leading multi-functional teams.
- You will have a ‘Growth Mindset’ that you bring to your everyday work and how you engage with others, especially your team.
- You will have strong strategic planning experience with a proven record in developing and implementing successful marketing programs for multiple brands.
- You must have a high level of commercial acumen and exceptional negotiation skills, with the ability to deliver outcomes
- You will have an ability to influence, collaborate and liaise effectively in a complex multi-category business with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups.
- You will be a team player who suits the culture of a family owned business, focused on the long term
Simplot Australia is leading provider of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Simplot Australia is part of the family owned JR. Simplot Company that has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
- we exist to ‘contribute to feeding our world’ by ‘bringing earth’s resources to life’
- we are super passionate about great tasting food
- we are customer and consumer focused
- we build amazing brands
- we are always learning and working hard to constantly innovate
- we believe in the well-being of our people and family is important to us, striving for balance in what and how we do
If this sounds like you, please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now