Quality Assurance Technologist
Job no: 497366
Work type: Full time
Categories: Food Science
- Food Production
- Expertise with Quality Culture development & Regulatory compliance
- Based at Echuca, regional Victoria
We are a dynamic food manufacturer with 6 manufacturing plants in Australia. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality Technologist to join our food manufacturing site in Echuca, regional Victoria.
What you will do
Reporting to the Quality Manager you will you will be responsible for maintaining and improving Food Safety pre-requisite programs, ensuring both optimum product quality and food safety at site. The Echuca site is home to our sauces and meals range, including Leggos, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers brands, proudly producing our tomato paste, along with condiments such as pickles. The Harvest range of canned meals is also produced here as well as a range of Edgell beetroot.
In this role you will work with the production teams for the processing of these products and through effective stakeholder management, you will be the knowledge expert for issues surrounding customer complaint reduction. Through your keen eye for detail and priority setting, you will ensure all testing is completed on time with records available for regular audit.
What you will bring
- Ideally a degree qualified Food Technologist/Scientist, preferably with a background within the Food or Pharmaceutical industries.
- You are a proficient Quality Technologist who demonstrates confidence in making decisions and working with diverse teams.
- Experience and knowledge of working with multiple quality standards, major retailers, and quality assurance.
- The confidence to ensure food safety at all costs, whilst working with relevant stakeholders to maintain production.
- Industry exposure to shelf-stable food production processes, HACCP and audits is desirable.
- The ability to work across a diverse team to lead workshops and working groups.
- Ability to build credibility and influence within the site and broader organisation at all levels.
- Work with a highly motivated and committed team
- Work for a successful Australian food manufacturer
- Large family owned international business with many development opportunities
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now