- Provide specialist engineering & technical support to develop process capability & understanding
- Manage the site’s capital project program
- Based at our Kelso food manufacturing plant in Bathurst, regional NSW
We are a dynamic food manufacturer with 6 manufacturing plants in Australia. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Process Engineer to join our Kelso food manufacturing site in Bathurst, regional NSW.
What you will do
Reporting to the Continuous Improvement Manager, you will provide specialist engineering and technical support within our Supply Chain team in developing process capability and understanding. You will also support the manufacturing site in the CI process using Lean Principles to improve work areas and eliminate loss.
Key to your role is your ability to work with the manufacturing site to lead the design and implementation of manufacturing process settings to ensure end-product specifications are met and losses are eliminated. You will review current process line capabilities and provide input into technical decisions for improvements and capital projects. The primary purpose is the identification of opportunities for efficiency improvements.
You will also maintain oversight and overall accountability for the site’s capital program. You will need to ensure that the capital projects adhere to best practice project management principles and the relevant Simplot and external standards, procedures, regulations and financial requirements.
The Kelso site was established in 1979, designed to manufacture seafood and snack products. Simplot and Irvin & Johnson (I&J) of South Africa merged their seafood, snacks and meals businesses in 1997, forming a joint venture in this industry. Products include fish portions, fish fingers, vegetable and, chicken snacks.
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualified (Engineering, Science or a related discipline).
- Proven track record in a similar Process and Project Engineering role ideally within a Manufacturing, Utilities or Operations environment.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma Improvement methodologies and certified Lean Six Sigma Green / Yellow / Black Belt accreditation will be viewed favourably
- Manage the execution of Capital Projects for site including budget preparation & management, overall schedule adherence and resource management
- Ability to work well within a team environment, build strong working relationships and be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions..
- The ability to work across a diverse team to lead workshops and working groups.
- Ability to build credibility and influence within the site and broader organisation at all levels.
- Work with a highly motivated and committed team
- Work for a successful Australian food manufacturer
- Large family owned international business with many development opportunities
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.