Job no: 497321
Work type: Full time
- Reconcile stock variances and action disputes daily
- Support and encourage warehouses to maintain 99% carton accuracy
- Based at our Chifley Head Office in Mentone/Moorabbin
We are a dynamic food manufacturer with six manufacturing plants in Australia. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Inventory Controller to join our team, based at our corporate head office In Mentone.
What you will do
Reporting to the National Inventory Controller, you will support the Logistics department to maintain inventory accuracy at 3PL warehouses nationally. You will work with our production sites to improve work practices, correct EDI errors when required to ensure customer orders are not impacted as well as resolve delivery disputes to ensure no disruption to customer supplies. Most importantly, you will ensure quality held and out-of-spec products do not enter the market place, monitor daily transactions and, detect and fix discrepancies to prevent data integrity issue. Your continuous improvement mindset will assist projects to manage inventory more effectively and efficiently.
What you will bring
• Energetic, motivated and highly organised
• Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
• The ability to make well considered decisions
• Outstanding written, personal and communication skills
• Exceptional computer literacy across MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Familiar with or capable of learning the JDE system
• Ideally experienced within warehousing, transport or manufacturing
• Work with a highly motivated and committed team
• Work for a successful Australian food manufacturer
• Large family owned business with many development opportunities
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now