Accounts Receivable Officer - FMCG
Job no: 497312
Work type: Full time
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Receivable Officer to join our dynamic and growing business. Reporting to the Accounts Receivable Team Leader, you will be responsible for ensuring the accounts are maintained in accordance with the Credit Policy, while identifying any financial risks and minimising the exposure to bad debts. Ensure claims are resolved and actioned in line with credit terms.
What will you be doing?
- Maximising the cash flow and minimising write off and bad debts through effective collection procedures.
- Reviewing and recommending action for accounts trading outside credit terms and policy.
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all payments made to Retail, Food Service and SFT customers.
- Manage a large volume of incoming customer credit claims.
- Process incoming new account applications including credit risk analysis via Equifax reports.
What will you bring?
To be successful in this role, you will have experience in an accounts receivable area, have an understanding of accounting methods as well as reconciliations, cash management and foreign exchange. You will be customer service focused, have excellent communication skills coupled with the ability to work in a team environment. Being an intermediate user of excel will be highly regarded as will your developed computer skills (Outlook, Word & an ERP System). You will have a willingness to learn, a high attention to detail along with a positive attitude. Year 12 (VCE) equivalent is also required for the role. Experience within FMCG will be highly regarded.
- Cash flow reports.
- Number of overdue accounts with unresolved claims / outstanding invoices.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Build and manage effective internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of accounts receivable objectives.
- Identification & preparation of direct deposits, daily cash allocation of payments to the relevant customer account, account reconciliation to determine payments, follow up and coordinate the resolution of any unprocessed claims, unpaid invoices and the like.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now