Financial Controller/Financial Manager
Job no: 497289
Work type: Full time
As Simplot Australia continues to grow we have a permanent opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Financial Controller/Financial Manager to join our Business, based at Mentone. Reporting into our Global VP and Controller and working closely with the CFO for Simplot Australia, the Financial Controller will direct and manage the overall Record to Report financial (R2R) reporting activities for our Simplot Australia Business. You will be responsible for financial reporting and the preservation of assets by maintaining good internal controls via sound financial systems and qualified financial teams. In addition you will provide financial guidance, expertise, and recommendations to Business Management.
As the Financial Controller/Financial Manager you will manage the R2R process for assigned business areas/entities. This will include overseeing the assessment, design and monitoring of controls over financial reporting. You will take a lead role, working closely with all managers to ensure accurate financial data, and the governance and optimization of R2R activities. You will be responsible for the monthly calculation US GAAP balances to the required standard, including analysis of results for all lines of business. You must continually evaluate, alter and improve the function to respond to changing needs of the business, new products, new business, individual initiatives and other activities.
Your technical skills will be unquestionable, but importantly you are a people person who can lead a team to foster their professional development and growth. You will have exceptional communication skills, including presentation, written and verbal, as this role will involve regular presentation to the Board and the Executive Leadership team. You will be a leader that can bring a strategic mindset, with the ability to step away from the detail. You will have a global focus and bring holistic thinking to the role.
- CPA qualification required with minimum 10 years' relevant experience.
- Ideally you will have experience working for a US head quartered, global company
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of AASB and US GAAP
- Experience working within a FMCG/Manufacturing environment is preferred
- Proven track record in establishing and executing internal financial controls
- Ability to investigate and report findings to the leadership team, and communicate with Senior Management and business customers at all levels across the business
- Ability to successfully manage team members, including workflow and personal development
Simplot Australia is leading provider of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Simplot Australia is part of the family owned JR. Simplot Company that has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
If this sounds like you, please apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now