Commercial Business Manager
Job no: 497238
Work type: Full time
As the scale and contribution of our New Zealand business continues to grow, an exciting permanent opportunity exists for a Commercial Business Manager to join our team, based in Auckland. Working closely with our Commercial Finance Manager - NZ, this role will take responsibility for the improvement of our NSV & Gross Contribution through the development of our Portfolio/Customer profitability management, pricing, trade investment management and promo strategies plus ensuring delivery the Annual Budget by leading the financial elements of the S&OP process.
Your role will be varied and challenging, and include but not be limited to the below;
- Conducting analysis of category portfolios to assess relative profitability of the various segments and income streams
- Working closely with Marketing and Category Development to assess impact of strategies and market evolution across our portfolio
- Review market pricing, and assess risk and opportunities with regard to sustained profitability
- Play a role in ensuring all categories develop robust Promotional Strategies and Trade Marketing Guidelines.
- Quantification of P&L’s for proposed NPD
- Monitor the implementation of Trade Marketing Guidelines and trade spend levels to ensure compliance with company guidelines
- Manage the various tools that support demand planning, promo planning, and accrual management.
- Assist in the development of the Annual Budget
- Involvement in the development of a realistic Demand Plan with the Sales team and the financial quantification of this plan and presenting the updated plan to the management team
To be successful in this role you will have highly developed communication skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate, you will be experienced working within a cross functional environment, and liaising with a range of stakeholders. In addition you will have the below skills and experience;
- Experience working within FMCG is highly preferred, although not essential
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance preferred
- Market and pricing analytics, preferably with experience in a data agency
- Good understanding of sales, possibly with experience in a Sales role
- Strong and demonstrable Financial Decision Making
- Understanding of the current NZ FMCG Retail environment; Industry knowledge with particular emphasis on Retailer pricing and Cost to Serve models
Simplot Australia and New Zealand is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australasia and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to New Zealand’s and Australia’s major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos and John West.
If this sounds like you, please apply online!
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now