Support Centre Technician
Job no: 497215
Work type: Full time
Categories: Information Technology
Support Centre Technician
Who we are
Simplot is a family owned company that is focused on bringing Earth's Resources to Life in a sustainable and wholesome way so that Australians can always eat well, but our passion for food doesn't end there. Underlying all that we do is a spirit of innovation and a desire to foster the development of our people.
What we do
Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands includes Birds Eye, Edgell and John west to name a few. Our company has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
About you & the role
We are seeking a talented Support Centre Technician to join our dynamic customer centric Technical Support Team. Reporting to the IT Manager you'll make use of your troubleshooting and problem-solving skills to deliver excellent customer service within a large, fast-paced environment. You’ll get your teeth into resolving IT-related issues and requests whilst creating great customer experiences.
Key responsibilities (not limited to)
- First point of call for IT Issue resolution through effective communication mediums to support our Simplot customers.
- Incident life cycle management from creation, population, resolution and/or escalation of support tickets.
- Identify and drive process improvement ideas, where appropriate.
- Provide timely and ongoing day to day support for all end users of infrastructure, applications and systems, onsite and across geographically dispersed teams.
Background and requirements
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that demonstrates a process improvement mind set.
- Understanding and working Knowledge of business infrastructure environments along with experience with IT applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent
- Ability to independently resolve highly complex technical issues within a given technical area.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to be adaptable, agile & a problem solver
- Accountability - but with an easy-going personality
The successful candidate will need to be flexible around working hours and have the availability to work a roster with late shift and early shift requirements ranging from 7.30am – 5.30pm.
If this sounds like you, then apply today! We want to hear from you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now