Management Accountant - Procurement
Job no: 497185
Work type: Full time
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
About the Role
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Management Accountant to join our Supply Chain Finance team looking after our Procurement function at our Mentone head office. Reporting into the Supply Chain Finance Partner - Outsourced, this role will provide accurate and timely financial management information on operational and strategic issues for all Procurement functions and activities.
What am I responsible for?
- Ensure integrity of all financial information and data for Supply Chain Procurement.
- Manage the Financial Forecasting/budgeting and LRP requirement for Supply Chain Procurement
- Support , Review and Prepare S&OP required financial forecasts for Supply Chain Procurement (ie: SVC, Gap To Budget, Opportunities & Exposures)
- Ensure forecast process is used to raise concerns and effectively manage potential adverse financial results
- Manage the delivery of the monthly Procurement Financial reporting requirements (incl PIP tracking, inventory control), ensuring all deadlines are met with accuracy.
- Support, prepare and provide financial analysis required for Procurement and Supply Chain projects as well as commercial negotiations
- Provide analytical support for high level strategic planning and actively participate in strategic discussion to maximise financial returns.
- Have a continuous improvement mindset and build internal relationships across the business to help facilitate information flow and decision making
- Be a true partner to the business
What does success look like?
You will have extensive experience as a Management Accountant. Experience within the FMCG industry, with exposure to Procurement or manufacturing is desirable. Strong experience in providing accurate, timely and value adding financial information, analysis, advice and recommendations to support key business decisions will hold you in good stead for this role, along with your expertise around all facets of month end reporting, planning and process management.
if You are CPA or CA accredited and can demonstrate effective communication skills that will allow you to be a true partner to the business this could be the role for you!
Experience working with JDE, Cognos, PRMS and Axiom would be advantageous.
If this sounds like your next career move, please apply today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now