Cost Accountant - Kelso
Job no: 497153
Work type: Full time
Location: Kelso NSW
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Cost Accountant to join our dynamic and growing business. Reporting to the Plant Accountant you will be provide support to the Plant Accountant through analysis and detailed workings of the operation and assist with product costing to ensure that financial and strategic objectives are achieved.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in the preparation of factory operational budget and forecasts.
- Assist to plan, evaluate and verify capital expenditure proposals.
- Report daily and weekly site operational performance reports, both accurately and timely.
- Provide analysis and commentary/interpretation to reporting, including variances to forecast and budget.
- Maintain product bills of materials and routings
- Complete product costing information, including New Product Innovation requirements.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for profitability improvement and support key stakeholders to deliver to agreed financial targets in support of Simplot’s strategy
- Participate in process improvement projects and act as project business lead on key projects as required
What will you bring?
We are seeking a team player who will work as part of the finance team to support the site operations. You will be a recently qualified Accounting professional (Graduate) working towards your CA/CPA qualification or your will be close to completing your degree. You will have a keen interest in working within a fast paced FMCG environment. No experience in cost accounting/management accounting is needed for this role however a keen interest in management accounting and manufacturing is required. You will have a drive to learn and show initiative as well as a strong attention to detail. If this sounds like you, please apply now.
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand and chosen Asia Pacific growth markets. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and our unique and diverse product portfolio includes vegetable, meals and seafood manufacturing operations that supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants, quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
Benefits and Culture
- Option to purchase additional Annual Leave
- A Generous Parental Leave policy for Primary Careers
- Access to EAP
- A Variety of Flexible Work Arrangements
- Awards recognising long serving and high achieving employees
- Short Term Incentive Benefits for Employees
- Offerings including Financial, Novated Leasing and Discounted Products and Services.
- Professional development ie CA/CPA on offer
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend