Job no: 497122
Work type: Full time
Location: Kelso NSW
Categories: Production / Operations
Simplot Australia is trusted as one of the leading providers of quality, sustainable food for the ever-changing needs of consumers and customers in Australia and New Zealand. Simplot is family owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US6 billion.
Our purpose is to “contribute to feeding our world”, by “bringing earth’s resources to life” and we pride ourselves on our Passion for People, our Spirit of Innovation and our Respect for Resources. We have built long term partnerships with Australian farmers and supply chilled, frozen and shelf stable products to Australia's major supermarkets, hotels, restaurants and quick service restaurant customers. Our portfolio includes some of Australia’s most trusted and well-known brands including Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Chiko, I&J, Chicken Tonight, Five Brothers and Five Tastes.
About the Role
We are seeking a passionate and driven leader to be responsible for operations at our Kelso Manufacturing site, on afternoon shift.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will utilise your strong people and leadership skills to drive a culture of safety and quality, whilst managing a team to achieve organisational objectives.
This varied role will see you:
- Leading and motivating a team.
- Ensuring relevant compliance, standards and objectives are met.
- Contributing to operational planning.
- Coordinating team rostering and related activities.
- Identifying and implementing improvement opportunities.
- Training, coaching and mentoring team members.
- Leading investigations into incidents and undertaking relevant actions.
- Leading toolbox talks and communications with the team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A demonstrated commitment to ensuring Safety is the number one priority for you and your team.
- Strong people skills with the ability to build effective and positive relationships
- Previous experience leading a team
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Experience in food manufacturing or similar environment
- Ability to work under pressure with high attention to detail
- An understanding of continuous improvement methodologies eg lean or six sigma (highly desired).
To be considered for opportunities with Simplot Australia Pty Ltd we require that all applicants have the relevant full working rights for Australia.
You are required to complete an online application including uploading a cover letter and a current resume. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications close: Sunday, 3 March 2019.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now