National Reliability Manager
Job no: 497064
Work type: Full time
- Lead the implementation of Simplot Australia’s National Asset Management and Reliability Excellence Framework across the Supply Chain network
- Build capability in site engineering teams
- Based at our Head Office in Mentone, Victoria
Who we are
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
A fantastic opportunity for a National Reliability Manager to join our dynamic and growing business. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Assets & Environment, you will provide direction, leadership, development and the consistent implementation of Simplot Australia’s Asset Management and Reliability Excellence Framework across multiple Australian manufacturing sites. As the head of the Supply Chain Asset Management and Reliability function, you will work collaboratively with our national Supply Chain functional teams, site engineering and production teams to optimise asset reliability at the lowest practicable cost.
What will you be doing?
- Leading the development and implementation of Simplot Australia’s Asset Management and Reliability Excellence Framework.
- Facilitating progressive and sustainable improvement in asset performance and efficiency across Simplot Australia’s national manufacturing network.
- Building capability into central and site engineering teams through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Implementing leading practice shutdown and turnaround methodologies.
- Leading strategic and sustainable cost reduction projects and initiatives.
- Conducting internal and external benchmarking and sharing of leading practices across the company.
- Collaborating with cross-divisional stakeholders to develop and implement site reliability programs that are aligned to enterprise, category and functional strategies to optimise Simplot Australia’s competitive advantage and return on invested capital (ROIC).
- Owning the management and optimisation of Simplot Australia’s Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Developing implementing national asset management and reliability standards, procedures, processes and tools.
- Connecting with and developing a collaborative learning network with Simplot’s global businesses.
What will you bring?
To be successful in this role, you must have a growth mindset, the ability to challenge conventional thinking and influence broadly across the business. You are a proven reliability leader and hold deep knowledge and experience reliability excellence and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), a hands-on/working knowledge of Six Sigma/DMAIC methodologies and demonstrated experience with leading a multi-site engineering team. You are customer centric and understand the needs of your stakeholders. Working within a fast-paced environment, you are able to prioritise effectively across multiple initiatives and be agile to move with adjusting targets. This position will partner with our Supply Chain Leadership Team and Site Leadership Teams nationally, therefore you must hold the ability to work well within a team environment and build strong working relationships to build credibility and trust. You are a tertiary qualified Engineer and further post graduate qualifications will be viewed favourably.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now