National Engineering Manager
Job no: 497062
Work type: Full time
- Lead Simplot Australia’s Supply Chain Project Management Office (PMO)
- Deliver a $50M+ p.a. capital project portfolio across multiple Australian manufacturing sites
- Based at our Head Office in Mentone, Victoria
Who we are
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
A fantastic opportunity for a National Engineering Manager to join our dynamic and growing business. Reporting to the Head of Engineering, Assets & Environment, you will lead and oversee the effective implementation of Simplot Australia’s Supply Chain Capital Portfolio, Project Management Framework and National Engineering Standards across multiple Australian manufacturing sites. You will provide direction, leadership, coaching and mentoring to Supply Chain engineering teams and will be accountable for delivering effective business outcomes and engineering excellence nationally.
What will you be doing?
- Leading and overseeing the effective implementation of Simplot Australia’s $50M+ p.a. Supply Chain Capital Portfolio across multiple Australian manufacturing sites in accordance with defined performance metrics to deliver a resilient, agile and future-ready Supply Chain.
- Collaborating with cross-divisional stakeholders to develop and implement site capital programs that are aligned to enterprise, category and functional strategies to optimise Simplot Australia’s competitive advantage and return on invested capital (ROIC).
- Leading the implementation of Simplot Australia’s Project Management Framework nationally.
- Supporting the delivery of New Product Introductions (NPI) into Simplot’s Australia’s manufacturing sites.
- Building capability into central and site engineering teams through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Connecting with and developing a collaborative learning network with Simplot’s global businesses.
- Conducting internal and external benchmarking and sharing of leading practices across the company.
- Developing implementing national engineering standards, procedures, processes and tools.
What will you bring?
To be successful in this role, you must have a growth mindset, the ability to challenge conventional thinking and influence broadly across the business. You are a proven engineering leader and hold deep knowledge and experience of capital portfolio management. You are customer centric and understand the needs of your stakeholders. Working within a fast-paced environment, you are able to prioritise effectively across multiple projects and be agile to move with adjusting targets. This position will partner with our Supply Chain Leadership Team and Site Leadership Teams nationally, therefore you must hold the ability to work well within a team environment and build strong working relationships to build credibility and trust. You will have completed a Bachelor of Engineering, Construction or Science degree and qualifications in PMBOK® or Prince2® will be viewed favourably.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now