Job no: 495739
Work type: Full time
Location: Gold Coast Metro
Top Cut Foods continues to be the leading specialist butcher in both Australia and Asia with 8 sites in most capital cities of Australia, as well as multiple sites in China and Japan and sales offices in Korea and Hong Kong. We have world class accredited facilities across Australia and Asia and we proudly deliver a quality range of beef, lamb, veal, pork, poultry and smallgoods products, to our customers in Australia and throughout Asia. Part of the Simplot Group, working within our business will provide a rewarding career with opportunities for future development.
Based in Yatala and reporting to the Top Cut Accountant, the Credit Officer will ensure accounts are maintained in accordance with the Credit Policy, while identifying any financial risks and minimising the exposure to bad debts.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Follow up and coordinate the resolution of any unprocessed claims & unpaid invoices
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Customer, intercompany and Bank Account reconciliations each month
- Assist in undertaking Customer Account Reviews to assess credit risk
- Maintain an efficient filing system to ensure easy access to information
- Perform other duties as required this may include: Process credit notes, banking, reception, archiving etc.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role and will be able to provide examples showing a solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations. A team player, you will collaborate and support your colleagues and work effectively cross functionally. Your strong communication skills allow you to influence externally and conduct appropriate debt collection activities.
Proficient experience with PC and Business applications, such as Excel, Word and ERP system is essential, along with an understanding of basic mathematics, accounting methods, reconciliations, cash management and foreign exchange.
This role presents itself as a great opportunity for a proactive, resourceful and efficient Credit Officer to apply their skills within a team that is always looking to improve.
If this sounds like you, please apply online today.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now