Job no: 495700
Work type: SITE -Wages
- FMCG/ Food Manufacturing environment
- Extensive Experience with Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration
- Located in Ulverstone, Tasmania
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
Based at our leading production facility in Ulverstone, Tasmania, a fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Refrigeration Technician to join the maintenance team. You are an appropriately qualified tradesperson who holds extensive experience within industrial ammonia refrigeration.
- Commitment to a safe working environment and continuous improvement principles;
- Proven experience in operating industrial refrigeration and managing maintenance services;
- Sound technical skills in ammonia refrigeration and mechanical disciplines;
- Knowledge and ability to provide technical support and relevant training to the production and maintenance teams;
- Ability to lead a team during maintenance outages and provide absence cover for the Services Team leader;
- Experience with computerised packages such as CMMS and SCADA;
- Sound knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles;
- Ability to apply problem solving techniques and provide support in the areas of predictive, preventative, corrective and breakdown maintenance strategies;
- Good communication skills and desire to collaborate with relevant stakeholders across the site.
The Ulverstone facility produces potato product including fries (coated & uncoated and different cuts), potato gems, hash brown and potato granule. Our customers include the major supermarkets and independents across Australia as well as foodservice customers including McDonalds and KFC.
This position is responsible for the execution of the asset care program as well as providing expert maintenance and operational support for all of the sites refrigeration systems. You may be called upon to assist with general site maintenance support both on day work and on shift.
The successful candidate must be flexible, have excellent time management skills and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks in a deadline driven and fast pace environment.
All our employees must be committed to contributing towards a safe and sustainable working environment, and work collaboratively with all other departments. We require applicants to complete a pre-employment medical, including a drug and alcohol screening test.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now