Accounts Payable Team Leader
Job no: 495694
Work type: Full time
Location: Mentone, Melbourne Metro
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
About the Role
Based at our head office in Mentone, an exciting opportunity exists for an Accounts Payable Team Leader responsible for managing and developing a professional, efficient and effective cross skilled Accounts Payable team in line with service level agreements and company policies and procedures.
What am I responsible for?
- Providing day to day management of the team including performance management and staff appraisals and leading and engaging the team in the implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Maintaining a high level of customer service in accordance with service level agreements and providing consistent, timely and accurate delivery of Accounts Payable services
- Ensuring the accounts are maintained in accordance with the Simplot policies whilst maintaining Simplot's credibility with internal and external partnerships to ensure delivery of accounts payable objectives
- Maximising cash flow, minimising invoice to accrual variance and ensuring vendors are paid in accordance with agreed terms
- In conjunction with key internal stakeholders develop appropriate service level agreements and KPI reporting measures for the Accounts Payable department
- Monitor performance against benchmarks and provide regular reporting and analysis to key stakeholders with recommendations to improve performance
- Generate long range plan and forecast data for Accounts Payable balances and payment information as required
- Implement a culture where LEAN methodologies and continuous improvement practices are the standard operating principals
What does success look like?
Reporting to the Disbursements & Receipts Manager (US) you will have solid experience managing an Accounts Payable team in an Enterprise Solutions environment. You will be able to demonstrate your understanding on accounting methods, reconciliations, cash management and foreign exchange and ideally be tertiary qualified in Accounting /finance. You will exhibit a high standard of professional engagement with customers and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers. You will also have strong skills in PC and Business applications such as Excel, Word and ERP systems as well as invoice scanning and workflow systems. You will enjoy working collectively and seamlessly as one Accounts Payable team including cross skilling and providing back up to each team members responsibilities.
If this sounds like you, please apply online.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now