Production Area Manager (Night Shift)
Job no: 495678
Work type: Full time
Location: Kelso NSW
Categories: Production / Operations
Simplot Australia, proudly one of Australia's leading FMCG food companies, is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food to the region. Home to some of Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot locally manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business.
Based at one of our dynamic production facilities in the Regional New South Wales town of Bathurst, at our Kelso plant, a fantastic newly created opportunity exists for an experienced Factory Area Manager to join the team working shift work (Night Shift).
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for running the site on nightshift - including managing the third party cleaning contract to ensure the production lines are cleaned to the required standard at the end of the production day to set the following shift up for success. You will collaborate with others to improve personal and equipment performance, support and develop team members, address complex people management issues and contribute to the development and achievement of the Production budget.
You are an exceptional People Leader and team player. You are someone who builds collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders including your direct reports, peers and management colleagues and have a genuine interest in developing your team.
You will have a strong Continuous Improvement mindset and the proven ability to influence and drive changes in culture at a factory floor level. A strong analytical aptitude is needed to enable operational improvements relating to line efficiencies, yield percentages and overall financial measures including labour. You will be the type of person who continually asks yourself “How can we do better?” Working closely with your production and sanitation teams you will set and exceed the required standards of delivery, including ensuring that production changeovers and set up are conducted smoothly and as planned, whilst working closely with the maintenance teams to ensure equipment issues are resolved safely and effectively.
- We are seeking a people leader who will support the team to meet the KPI’s of Safety, Quality, Environment and Production.
- You will be a skilled Shift Coordinator / Supervisor from a general manufacturing industry, with experience working in a rotating shift environment (Nightshift)
- Ideally you are tertiary qualified (Engineering, Science or Applied Science) and hold extensive experience in people leadership, production and CI.
- Food industry or pharmaceutical experience is preferred.
- You have an understanding of Lean principles, the talent to engage with team members at all levels and are able to demonstrate accountability for problem solving day-to-day production processing activities.
- You will predominantly be on Nightshift but there will be an expectation to attend some meetings during the day or come in earlier on Afternoon shift to liaise with key stakeholders within the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge and to take the next step in their career, this role would suit someone with longer term career aspirations to move into a site management/site production management role.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now