Job no: 495638
Work type: Full time
- Data analysis and Load planning
- Manage existing relationships with 3PL Transport Providers
- Based at our Head Office in Mentone
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, Chicken Tonight, Raguletto and Five Brothers. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
Based at our Head Office in Mentone, an exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced Transport Planner to join the Transport planning team. In this role you will ensure all daily operations are fulfilled across our 3PL network through the analysis of data and auditing load planning. You will develop transport processes and implement change to improve utilization of loads. Key to this role is the ability to optimise the transport planning function and engagement with 3PL transport providers.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform load Planning and day to day functions across a variety of transport networks
• Develop and implement change to improve utilization of loads and deployment of finished goods.
• Monitor freight flows and highlight areas of improvement.
• Create and maintain internal/external relationships to ensure efficient and effective delivery.
• Produce Transport KPI’s to support logistics with service delivery levels of suppliers.
• Ensure all OH&S, COR and legislative requirements are adhered to at all times.
Key to your success will be:
• Strong knowledge of supply chain in particular transport networks, load planning & logistics.
• Exposure to ERP Software, particularly JDE.
• Project Management experience.
• Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence change and drive process improvement
The role offers excellent learning opportunities, and career progression within the broader Simplot organisation, a dynamic, fast paced working environment in a people driven culture.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now