Senior Experience Designer - Melbourne
Job no: 495631
Work type: Full time
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands included Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
As our competitive environment continues to change, so does our consumer and customer expectations & the way in which we can create & deliver new business value. We are responding to these changes with a strong internal Digital and Creative Services Team that work on creating consumer and customer experiences for Australian and International markets.
Consequently, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior UX/Interaction Designer to join our team, reporting into the Head of Communications and Brand.
As the Senior UX/Interaction Designer, you will envision how to add value beyond our physical products ensuring a world-class digital experience for Simplot customers, consumers and end users. We are looking for someone who is passionate, dynamic and action oriented. You will have a strong collaborative approach and are well versed in successfully delivering leading edge digital initiatives within the business. This is a standalone role, where you will set the strategy and work alongside an internal digital delivery team. You will gain some great leadership experience, and deal with broad range of stakeholders from across the business.
Ultimately, you are responsible for the delivery of the holistic multi-channel experience and interface designs based on extensive user research to ensure an excellent digital experience for Simplot customers, consumers and end users. You will develop and execute interaction designs and experiences in a new frontier of the FMCG market.
- Deliver multi-channel design approach to ensure consistent experience across multiple devices
- Work with various user groups to understand their needs and drive customer experience design to ensure they are met
- Work closely with marketing and sales to understand commercial opportunities
- Design wireframes based on business and user/consumer/customer requirements to ensure users have easy and positive interaction with Simplot brands
- Identify user/consumer/customer research requirements, gather and collate and interpret the data
- Design digital interfaces based on understanding industry fundamentals and scanning the business and competitive environments
- Evaluate performance of digital interfaces using qualitative and quantitative methods to ensure continuous improvement
- Evangelize user centered design internally and externally (consumers, partners, key influencers) to drive interest, awareness and excitement.
To be successful in this role, you will have extensive experience in a similar Senior UX Designer role, designing successful products/services.
- 10+ years of experience and interface design for web and mobile experiences
- Are adept at collaborative design sessions, user testing, user flows, wireframes, visual mockups, prototypes and working directly with digital delivery teams
- Have experience working and collaborating in cross-functional teams
- Have experience working in an Agile product development environment
- Have a fluency with visual and interaction tools as well as prototyping tools
- Have a good understanding of technical requirements and limitations of responsive web
- Sketch program experience is preferred
If you are looking for a great Work/Life balance, where you can set your own pace and rhythm then this may be the right opportunity for you! This role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now