Senior QA Technologist
Job no: 495630
Work type: Full time
Categories: Food Science
- Food Production
- Expertise with Quality Culture development & Regulatory compliance
- Based at Devonport, Tasmania
Simplot Australia, proudly one of Australia's leading FMCG food companies, is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food to the region. Home to some of Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot locally manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd, and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior QA Technologist to join a fast and dynamic production environment. Based at our Vegetable processing facility in Devonport and reporting to the QA Manager, this role contributes significantly to site compliance with Simplot Australia’s food safety requirements. You will lead improvement in First Time Quality (FTQ) and reduction of consumer complaints. You are instrumental in driving quality processes and systems. As a key member of the Quality team, you will participate in the management and review of HACCP plans and other support programs and will drive quality CI initiatives. You will work cross functionally with the scope to influence improvements across the site with key stakeholders including the site leadership team and the National Quality Manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Support the factory management review of quality and ensure actions are implemented.
- Management of factory consumer complaints including responses, corrective action and trends.
- Promote quality awareness and assist factory functions to improve the quality of products and systems.
- Keeping abreast of technology and applications.
- Identify and support innovative approaches to service delivery and processes.
- Assist with periodical quality reporting highlighting trends/issues.
- Quality audit management.
- Constantly review working practices and procedures and improving as appropriate.
You will have a degree in Science/Food Technology, experience in a food manufacturing environment in particular GMP requirements. You have an understanding of Pest control and Calibration programs, are a qualified internal auditor and have sound understanding of regulatory and customer standards requirements. Working across a diverse team you are collaborative and process driven, whilst also being a true influencer throughout the business at all levels.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now