Retail Account Manager - Independents
Job no: 495622
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands included Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd, Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Retail Account Manager to join our Independents team based at our Sydney Olympic Park Office. Reporting to the State Sales Manager NSW, you will be responsible for the Independent channel including the direct management of NSW Metcash, major MSO's groups within NSW and leading the field team of 5 Sales Representatives in order to achieve targets for profitable growth.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Achieving the retail account Gross Sales Value (GSV), Net Sales Value (NSV) and Contribution budget within trade spend guidelines
- Leading and managing the State Sales Representatives to achieve targets for growth
- Implementing the national independent account plans
- Managing existing retail account and major MSO's groups , building & managing business relationships to maximise profitable cross category growth opportunities
- Seeking new state-based business opportunities, analysing their potential for profitable sales growth, then developing and executing applicable sales strategies to capitalise on the opportunity
- Working with the other RAMs on delivering customer needs with multi-state MSO's
- Developing and focusing on comprehensively understanding customers short and long term financial targets
- Supporting the Sales representatives on relays, displays, promotional drives and planograms
To be successful in this role you will have extensive experience in the Independent channel gained within a large FMCG with significant shelf presence. You will have excellent demonstrated leadership skills and a passion for managing and mentoring teams. This is a unique role with a blend of Account and people management.
You will be a relationship builder with a knack for analysing and understanding financial information and reports. You will work well in a fast paced environment and remain flexible and pro-active under pressure. You will be an excellent organiser with great time management skills.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an in-depth knowledge of the Independents channel to work closely with the State Manager to manage and mentor a team with diverse skills sets and experience.
If this sounds like you, please apply online!
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now