Job no: 495614
Work type: Full time
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
About the Role
A great opportunity currently exists for a Cost Accountant to join our finance team based at our head office in Mentone. You will provide administration support to the Plant Accountant through analysis and detailed workings of the operation and assist with product costing to ensure that financial and strategic objectives are achieved.
What am I responsible for?
- Assist in the preparation of factory operational budget/forecasts
- Assist in planning, evaluate and verify capital expenditure proposals
- Provide analysis and commentary/interpretation to reporting, including variances to forecast and budget
- Report daily and weekly site operational performance reports
- Complete product costing information, including New Product Innovation requirements
- Identify opportunities for profitability improvement and support key stakeholders to deliver to agreed financial targets in support of Simplot’s strategy
- Analyse, evaluate and report the commercial viability of various Capital and CI business proposals, including recommendations
- Participate in process improvement projects, act as project business lead on key projects as required
What does success look like?
We are seeking a real team playing who will work as part of a committed team in this challenging and diverse role. You will be a qualified Accounting professional with your CA/CPA accreditation or currently working towards this. You will have previous experience in cost accounting/management accounting ideally within a manufacturing environment where you have gained sound financial management skills (balance sheet reconciliations, bill of materials, capital expenditure and product costings). You will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding of financial information systems and have advanced use of Excel. The successful candidate will have a love for the banks of the Murray River and Campaspe River in Victoria and that clean crisp country air, as regular travel to Echuca will be required. If this sounds like you, please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now