Job no: 495538
Work type: Full time
- Bring your reliability focus to a site ‘hungry for change’
- Lead a team in delivering the Site's Maintenance Activities
- Dynamic FMCG Food Facility - Located in Pakenham, Vic
Simplot Australia, proudly one of Australia's leading FMCG food companies, is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food to the region. Home to some of Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot locally manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd, and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business.
Based at our dynamic production facility in Pakenham, Victoria, a fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join the team. The facility produces both chilled and frozen product for Leggos, Dr. Oetker and Lean Cuisine, providing growing volume to the major supermarkets and independents across Australia.
The role will drive effective planning, scheduling and execution of the site's maintenance activities optimising plant OEE, employee safety, operational availability, and maintenance effectiveness whilst managing operating costs to budget. With plant spanning 3 decades of manufacture, controlling the demands of the maintenance requirements and continued improvement to operational efficiencies are key drivers in the site’s successful supply to market.
This leadership role provides a diverse range of responsibility and challenges including:
- Display safety leadership at all times to support our journey of Targeting Zero
- Lead and manage the maintenance team (fitters and electricians) to effectively validate, prioritise, plan, schedule and execute factory maintenance activities
- Ensure all work complies with all regulatory and statutory requirements and is completed in accordance with best practice systems, techniques, budgetary requirements and policies and procedures
- Manage contractor engagement in line within internal and external requirements to ensure the safety of all involved
- Develop five year rolling maintenance plans and budgets
- Support the site's implementation and delivery of the National Reliability Strategy
- Lead the maintenance department to ensure that KPI targets are continuously met or exceeded and implements corrective actions if necessary if targets are not satisfied
- Show strong people leadership and management of the team/individuals through clear communication, consultation, recognition and performance management, in line with the site’s industrial agreements
- Contribute to the site's Continuous Improvement Programme by overseeing the development of more effective equipment improvements to plant
- Make capital project recommendations and manage minor capital and continuous improvement projects as required; and
- Implementation of strategic maintenance planning and scheduling systems and practices.
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record as a Maintenance Manager ideally in a safe manufacturing environment with an understanding and application of best practice maintenance principles. You have a strong safety focus, excellent planning and scheduling skills and are an agile, resilient, results driven leader. As a tertiary qualified Engineer, it is your proven ability to lead a team through the implementation of reliability focussed future model that will ensure your success.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now