EDM Data Analyst
Job no: 495509
Work type: Fixed Term Full Time
Categories: Finance, Information Technology
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business with annual sales of more than $US5 billion.
What's the role?
An exciting opportunity currently exists for a talented individual to move into the role of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Data Analyst based at our Mentone head office for a 6 month contract.
Reporting into the EDM & Financial Systems Manager, you will be primarily responsible for tasks involving entering, updating, cleansing and maintenance of selected enterprise system master file details. As part of these activities you will ensure the data is accurate, complies with the master data standards and business rules and meets the needs of the business. You will look for opportunities to enhance business performance through efficient processes and build data mapping between source and target systems.
What am I responsible for?
- JD Edwards – Chart of Accounts, AAI, UDC's maintenance, reviewing and actioning Daily integrities
- Maintaining & Writing reports – Reports Now Data Access Studio (DAS)
- Blackline Reconciliation – Chart of Accounts & Security maintenance
- Axiom EPM – Chart of Accounts, Dimensions & Security maintenance
- iICE – Inventory maintenance
- Ensuring master data file updating and maintenance processes are effective, making improvements where required
- Coordinate and follow through master file data maintenance requests to prevent unexpected impacts on enterprise system modules or operational processes
- Analyse system data integrity reports and data processing issues communicated by users, promptly and proactively researching and resolving inconsistent or inaccurate master file details
- Maintaining a clear understanding of enterprise master file relationships to related system files, business processes, and standard system generated reports.
- Extract, compile, and validate comparative master file details to ensure Simplot Australia business process and reporting objectives are not impaired by inconsistent or inaccurate data
- Provide daily support, insight and problem resolution; maintaining comprehensive process work instructions and related tools
What does success look like?
To be successful in this role you be able to demonstrate and provide examples of your experience in a similar role. You will have a keen eye for detail, a logical and common sense approach to problem solving, as well as the ability to work in a highly tasked volume environment. Effective organising and planning skills are required while still being adaptable to changing priorities. The ability to comprehend process mapping is important coupled with the skills to identify and implement improved processes. A working knowledge of business process in relation to master data management is needed, along with the ability to learn and master navigation of various enterprise software applications. Knowledge of JD Edwards &/or iICE or a similar system would be advantageous. Tertiary qualification in Accounting is desirable with sound systems knowledge and exceptional Excel skills.
We are looking to fill this role ASAP, so if this sounds like your next role, please apply now.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now