Senior Maintenance Planner
Job no: 495384
Work type: Full time
Location: Devonport, Northern Tasmania
Categories: Planning, Engineering
- Leadership Role
- Support Lean Manufacturing principles across site's operations
- Based in Devonport
Simplot Australia is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food in Australasia. Home to Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business.
Based at our Devonport site, a fantastic opportunity exists for a highly motivated and experienced Senior Maintenance Planner to lead the effective planning and scheduling of site maintenance activities.
This leadership role provides a diverse range of responsibility and challenge including, but not limited to:
- Leading the maintenance planning and scheduling team in the development and implementation of best practice workflow systems and processes.
- Planning and scheduling of the factory's preventative, predictive and corrective maintenance activities, including down days and major factory shutdowns.
- Development, implementation and ongoing utilisation of visual maintenance scheduling and KPI boards.
- Support the deployment of Lean Manufacturing principles across all facets of the site's operations.
- Work closely with the Reliability Engineer to manage and continuously improve the site's CMMS database and asset management documentation.
- Plan and schedule continuous improvement activities and minor capital works as required.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager and Team Leaders with the planning and coordination of 'opportunity' maintenance and un-planned maintenance activities including breakdowns as required.
- Positively contribute to the development, review and monitoring of the factory's operating and capital budgets as required.
Reporting to the Maintenance Area Manager, you have a mechanical or electrical trade qualification. Planning and scheduling qualifications will also be highly regarded. You have an extensive and demonstrable planning and scheduling experience in a manufacturing or operations sector. You display foresight for conceiving best practices and passion for implementing positive change, while retaining a hands-on approach to developing plans and schedules. Your knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing principles along with best practice asset management and reliability strategy implementation is essential.
You are analytical with a high level of business acumen, can demonstrate the ability to effectively lead teams, influence and communicate to key stakeholders at all levels and drive the delivery of key business imperatives.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today.
Advertised: Tasmania Standard Time
Applications close: Tasmania Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now