Production Manager - Frozen Meals
Job no: 495227
Work type: Full time
Location: Pakenham, Melbourne Metro
- Lead and manage your Production team to deliver optimal results
- Drive improvements to support emerging opportunities for growth
- Dynamic FMCG facility in Pakenham, Vic - easy access to M1 Freeway
Simplot Australia, proudly one of Australia's leading FMCG food companies, is a vibrant, sustainable provider of great food to the region. Home to some of Australia's favourite food brands, Simplot locally manufactures a diverse range of products that includes everything from delicious and balanced meals, convenient frozen potato and vegetables, tasty pasta sauces and nutritious seafood to fun snack foods. Our portfolio of brands consist of Birds Eye, Edgell, Leggos, John West, Top Cut, Seakist, Harvest, Chiko, I&J, Ally, Lean Cuisine, Five Tastes, dish'd, and Caterfare. Simplot is owned by the JR. Simplot Company and has grown to become a multinational agriculture and food business.
Based at our dynamic production facility in Pakenham, Victoria, a fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced Production Manager to lead our Frozen Production team. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will manage the site's operations to meet agreed production schedules at optimum cost, consistent with accepted standards across safety, quality, productivity, and delivery. With a triple category model on site, the facility produces both chilled and frozen product for Leggos, Dr Oetker and Lean Cuisine, providing growing volume to the major supermarkets and independents across Australia. Your key challenge is the ability to effectively manage competing priorities from the tactical (today) to the strategic (next year) and engage the entire production team in these activities across defined KPIs including:
- Manage, develop and achieve all KPI targets including:
- Performance to market demand
- Efficient production planning
- Systems and controls
- Liaise with technical support teams to ensure the plants performance is at its optimum efficiency rate.
- Manage financial elements within budget guidelines.
- Continually seek opportunities for profitable growth of the business with Commercial Category teams and B2B arrangements.
- Facilitate the cultural development of an open, collaborative and accountable team.
- Continually communicate and inform all relevant personnel to ensure alignment to the team, departmental and business direction.
- Take a leadership role in maximising the achievement of factory objectives through coaching, review and development of your direct reports.
- Manage employee relations, absence management, performance management and recognition.
- Ensure rigorous compliance to all quality standards and ensure systems are developed, utilised and improved.
- Encourage the active participation of all staff in improvement activities and programs which will enhance the achievement of site KPI's whilst utilising continuous improvement techniques.
- Promote continuous improvement and proactively seek new and improved methods of working.
- Ideally you are tertiary qualified (Engineering, Commercial or Applied Science) and hold extensive experience in management and production, ideally within a food processing industry.
You have demonstrated awareness of Lean principles may have experience in Food Processing and packaging and have a strong ability to engage with the shop floor. You will be able to demonstrate strong leadership, sound problem solving and financial management capability. You excel in building collaborative relationships across the organisation and also with commercial customers. You are innovative, have the ability to influence stakeholders at senior levels and are committed to building a positive culture of continuous improvement.
If this sounds like you, please Apply online today
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now